Monday, May 4, 2009

Picture Day 1 - Alt. Nomad

Yay! Thanks to Red for making his time and digi-cam available for me to show what I have been up to.

This is also to test to see if the piccys are too huge.

I thought I would display a little conversion magic of my own. The Nomad mercenary heavy warjack is posed fairly dynamically. Original Nomad

I noticed two things during assembly. One, I really liked the 'perforated metal' detail of the inner arms. Two, the arms were completely interchangeable. So after a quick test fit, drill and glue, we get Nomad 1.2!

In this pose we can see the perforated metal detail in the arms can clearly be seen and matched with that of the smokestack. Cool no?

The pose now looks like what the fencers call a "punch-block." It is where the shield punches out to block the incoming attack. Fitting, as I plan to use the Nomad with my fencer/duelist, Ashlynn d'Elyse.








That's all for now, but be sure to check back soon for more! May league is coming up, and you never know if a renegade steam dwarf is hiding around the corner!

1 comment:

  1. Looks good. I'm glad the pictures turned out okay. The light's still shining a bit off the metal, but having no flash was definitely key.

    ReplyDelete